Pat Goss Northwestern Golf Coach photographed on Monday November 22. 2021 ©Charles Cherney Photography
Co-Founder, Wildcat Golf Academy
Northwestern University, Director of Golf and Player Development
At a Glance
- Named one Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers In America” – Just one of three collegiate head coaches on the list
- Coached Luke Donald for over 20 years including when he earned the world’s No. 1 ranking in June 2011 in the Official World Golf Ranking; he held the No. 1 ranking for 56 weeks
- 32nd season coaching at Northwestern including as an assistant coach, head men’s golf coach and director of golf and player development for the men and women’s programs
- Under his leadership, the golf programs have won a combined seven Big Ten Championships and finished 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th 9th and 10th at the NCAA Championships
- 2012 Illinois PGA Teacher of the Year
- Short game and putting coach to Webb Simpson. Webb and Coach Goss began working together in 2015. Under his tutelage, Webb finished 4th, 1st, and 2nd from 2017-19 in Scrambling on the PGA Tour and 5th, 3rd, and 5th in Sand Save Percentage during that same period. He won the Players Championship in 2018, the Waste Management Open and the RBC Heritage in 2020.
- Coach for all facets of game to PGA Tour member, Dylan Wu. Dylan is in his third season on the PGA Tour and finished 86th in the FedEx Cup in 2023. He won on the Korn Ferry Tour in 2021 and was a former All-American at Northwestern.
- Short game, wedge and putting coach to PGA Tour member, David Lipsky. David is a former winner on the DP World tour, Asian Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. He is entering his third season on the PGA Tour and has been coached by Coach Goss all through his college and professional career. He was a former Big Ten Champion and All-American at Northwestern.
- Has done short game and putting with PGA Tour players Trevor Immelman, Gary Woodland, Patrick Cantlay, Matt Fitzpatrick, Scott Harrington, and Nick Watney, as well as LPGA players Peiyun Chun and Danielle Kang. He has also done work with current multiple Korn Ferry Tour players
- Golf Week‘s National Coach of the Year in 1997 and four-time Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Has former players playing on the PGA Tour, Korn Ferry Tour, European Tour, Challenge Tour, Canadian Tour, PGA Tour China, Japanese Tour, and Asian Tour.
- Current PGA Tour alumni include Luke Donald, Matt Fitzpatrick, Scott Harrington, David Lipsky, and Dylan Wu
- Additional Wildcats who have played for Goss and earned their PGA Tour Cards: Jess Daley (2001); Tom Johnson (2006), Chris Wilson (2009), Scott Harrington (2019-2021)
- Coached two active Wildcats to berths in Major Championships, with Dillon Dougherty earning a spot in the 2006 Masters and US Open and Eric Chun qualifying for the 2010 British Open
- Written instructional articles for Golf Magazine and Golf Digest and appeared twice on Golf Academy Live in 2006
- Played collegiate golf at Northwestern under WGA co-founder Jeff Mory
- Also served as Mory’s assistant coach at NU from 1992-96
- Co-inventor of the Putting Board with current WGA Director of Player Development Sam McKenney
- President of Board of Governors, The First Tee of Greater Chicago 2016-2019
Deprecated: File Theme without footer.php is deprecated since version 3.0.0 with no alternative available. Please include a footer.php template in your theme. in /nas/content/live/wildcatgolfadu/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5646