At a Glance
- Named one Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers In America” – Just one of three collegiate head coaches on the list
- Coach for Luke Donald, who earned the world’s No. 1 ranking in June 2011 in the Official World Golf Ranking
- 17th year as Northwestern Men’s Golf Coach and 5th year as NU’s Director of Golf, earning oversight of both the men’s and women’s golf programs
- In 2002, Golfweek tabbed him as one of its 40 individuals under the age of 40 who have an impact in the golf industry
- Golf Week‘s National Coach of the Year in 1997 and four-time Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Directed Northwestern to four Big Ten titles (1999-2001, 2006), five individual Big Ten Championships in that time (Luke Donald, 2000 and 2001; Chris Wilson, 2006; Eric Chun, 2009; David Lipsky, 2010), and seven top-30 NCAA national finishes in the last 14 years
- NU has won 30 tournament titles in Goss’ tenure, including three consecutive Big Ten Match Play Championship titles from February 2010- 2012.
- Has former players playing on the PGA Tour, Nationwide Tour, European Tour, Challenge Tour, Canadian Tour, NGA Hooters Tour, Asian Tour, and the Gateway Tour.
- Additional Wildcats who have played for Goss and earned their PGA Tour Cards: Jess Daley (2001); Tom Johnson (2006), Chris Wilson (2009)
- Coached two active Wildcats to berths in Major Championships, with Dillon Dougherty earning a spot in the 2006 Masters and US Open and Eric Chun qualifying for the 2010 British Open
- Written instructional articles for Golf Magazine and Golf Digest and appeared twice on Golf Academy Live in 2006
- Played collegiate golf at Northwestern under WGA co-founder Jeff Mory
- Also served as Mory’s assistant coach at NU from 1992-96