The Wildcat Golf Academy is a year-round program geared toward highly motivated and competitive junior golfers who have the desire to compete at the highest level, locally, regionally and nationally. Co-founders Pat Goss and Jeff Mory will utilize the same coaching strategies and principles that they used in building their successful college programs at Northwestern University.
These programs have produced seven individual Big Ten Championships (Scott Rowe, 1995; Jonathan Loosemore, 1996; Luke Donald, 2000 and 2001; Chris Wilson, 2006; Eric Chun, 2009; David Lipsky, 2010), four Big Ten titles (1999-2001, 2006), and seven top-30 NCAA national finishes.
Goss is the coach for Luke Donald, who earned the world’s No. 1 ranking in June 2011 in the Official World Golf Ranking and was the NCAA collegiate champion in 1999. He is also the short game/putting coach for Trevor Immelman, Gary Woodland and Keegan Bradley. Many of his other former players are competing on the PGA Tour, Nationwide Tour, European Tour, Canadian Tour, Challenge Tour, NGA Hooters Tour and the Gateway Tour. Mory’s current roster of golf students are competing at Big Ten, Big East and Pac-10 schools. Additionally, Goss and Mory have hand-picked a staff that have an incredible amount of experience, and who share their passion and philosophies for teaching junior golfers.
Additional services offered as part of the membership are equipment and club fitting, a fitness and training program, and mental coaching.
What can Wildcat Golf Academy members expect?
- To have fun
- Support and commitment from all of our coaches
- To improve as golfers in all aspects of their game
- A program curriculum that is designed with a focus on coaching, practice and training which includes core fundamentals, swing techniques, short game proficiency, course management and mental techniques
- Synergy of a group practice and the competition that comes with this
- Tournament preparation and strategy
- Interaction with other like-minded student-athletes
- Preparation and guidance for golfers who would like to compete in high school, college, and beyond
What do we expect of Wildcat Golf Academy Members:
- Be committed to improving your golf game
- Respect the efforts of coaches, golf officials, and parents/guardians at all times
- Conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- Approach all relevant tasks: academics, practice, play, fitness, nutrition, and training like a champion
- Have fun and enjoy the game of golf
Membership Privileges include:
- One-on-one instruction
- Practice techniques
- Guidance on the college recruitment process and tournament participation
- Equipment and club fitting options with a 10% discount off of Taylormade products (discount is taken from wholesale prices)
- A fitness and training component, created by TPI professional Cory Puyear, for all Academy and Elite Club members
- Access to world-class facilities, The Gleacher Center and Trienens Hall at Northwestern University and the Luke Donald Outdoor Practice Facility at the Glen Club
- Opportunity to use V1 Golf Video Analysis, and the most current in launch monitor technology Trackman